Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Joy & Sadness

I take such joy in seeing my grand children on their blog.  My daughter has been so gracious.  She sends us the link when she adds new pictures. It is like getting to peek into their lives.  These days I am just not up to a long trip to visit.   I am sad sometimes because I cannot do the things I want to do with them.  Time has brought about some limitations that I resent.  Sometimes  I want so much to go and do.  However, I am so blessed to get to see the grand children grow and watch their excitement and activities via the blog.  It is wonderful and rare that adult children are willing to share their lives so openly with parents/grandparents.  I am so grateful for her and her husband. 
When my ancestors came to this country in the 1600s they left so much behind and could not even get a letter.  Years often went by before having word of loved ones.  So today I am filled with Joy because I get to see.  Maybe through this blog they can peek into my little cottage and see the laid back (OK, maybe lazy) life I live.  We live in the beautiful mountains of south western Virginia.  Thus we have many beautiful cool lakes within a very short distance.  Pictured here is Bernard's Landing at Smith Mountain Lake.  It is our favorite "short escape" place when we have been too long in a house project.  It is also close enough for a quick picnic.

No comments:

Post a Comment